MOTs for Greater Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale and Ashton.
Call us to book your MOT, why not have it serviced at the same time.
The MOT test checks that your vehicle meets road safety and environmental standards.
You must get an MOT for your vehicle by either:
- the third anniversary of its registration
- the anniversary of its last MOT, if it’s over 3 years old
Some vehicles need to be tested at one year old.
You can be fined up to £1,000 for driving a vehicle without a valid MOT.
Earliest date you can get an MOT:
- An MOT lasts for a year. The date it runs out is printed on the last pass
- You can get an MOT up to a month (minus a day) before it runs out and keep the same renewal date.
If your MOT runs out on 15 May, the earliest you can get an MOT to keep the same renewal date for next year is 16 April.
You can get an MOT earlier, but the MOT renewal date for the following year will be different.
If the MOT has run out:
You can’t drive your vehicle on the road if the MOT has run out. You can be prosecuted if caught.
The only exceptions are to drive it:
- to or from somewhere to be repaired
- to a pre-arranged MOT test
We cover MOTs for vehicles from all over the North West and our customers come from Rochdale, Oldham, Manchester, Stockport, Heywood, Bury.